Thursday, April 14, 2016

Growth Mindset: Bad Mental Habits

Growth Mindset Challenges: Bad Mental Habits

This week I looked at the Growth Mindset challenge about 6 Bad Mental Habits That Sabotage Your Success. In this article, it says negative thoughts actively affect how you think and behave. In order to stop sabotaging your own success, they say to stop doing 6 things: making excuses, catastrophizing the future, seeking audience approval, believing self-doubt, putting yourself down, and second-guessing yourself. Personally, my biggest bad habits are making excuses and second-guessing myself. I think I can make an excuse for anything and everything. The article says to focus on what I can do instead of what I can't do. I have to start paying attention to the positives, rather than the negatives. 


(No excuses. Source: Wikimedia Commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment